Friday, June 3, 2011

:: 30 Days of Passion --Day 3 ::

Day 3:  Scrapbooking!

Creating memories is special...preserving and actually remembering them should be too!  I've always been "crafty" and loved DIY.  A few years back I dove head first collecting everything scrapbook related and trying every new tool I could get my hands on.  In the last year (specifically the last 6 months) I've lost that zest.  Why?  Because scrapbooking is a direct source of my passion.  The pages I create hold my dearest and fondest memories, and sometimes my darkest...The pages I create hold the intensity of the emotion I am trying to depict from the memory of the photo or moment I am scrapping about.  It's my own personal artistic journal.  If there is no emotion behind it, then it is just a photo album.  I want my scrapbooks to be an extent of my heart and soul, so that anyone who views it is instantly transported to a time, a place, and a feeling that is raw, pure, and untouched.  Scrapbooking can be an emotional thing, and therefore I have not done it in quite sometime.  A few days ago, I decided to make a name frame for a friend I work with who is pregnant.  I am not brave enough to attend the baby shower, nor do I have the courage or strength to face the baby section at Target....so...I decided to create a heartfelt artistic piece for her little girls wall using the colors she is going to use in the nursery.  While I was creating my (hopeful) masterpiece that another child with hopes and dreams may come to keep for years as a memory of her nursery, I remembered the reasons why I loved this hobby.  I had sat at that very same desk and made Logan one of these pieces.  It adorned the his bedroom wall the moment we found out our little one was a boy and he was named Logan.  The nursery was no longer just a nursery, it was now Logan's nursery.  This memory is bittersweet.  But that very frame with my baby boys name now sits above my Scrapbooking table.

One day (hopefully soon) I will have the courage to actually scrapbook again...and when I do, I will scrapbook the story of my baby boy...from a proud momma's perspective!



No comments:

Post a Comment